Several master thesis proposals are available in different areas.
Open source (contact Alma Orucevic-Alagic):
- Network Analysis of Apache Software Foundation Source Code Repositories (link to complete specification)
- Testing of open source software (community perspective)
- Testing of open source software (company/user perspective)
- Applicability of an open source development technique/process in commercial software organisations
Software testing (contact Per Runeson, Emelie Engström):
- Test tools evaluation at Systemverification (link to complete specification)
- Measurement program for testing at Systemverification (link to complete specification)
- Evaluate the strategies used for regression testing:
What activities are available?
What are the effects of these activities on the quality of the system
- In the context of automated regression testing, observe the regression testing process:
How is testing automated?
What can be automated?
How can we automate?
- Visualisation of regression test coverage:
How can regression test coverage of a system be visualized?
Requirements engineering/management (contact Björn Regnell, Krzysztof Wnuk):
- Scalability of Requirements Engineering tools and techniques (link to complete specification)
- The role of stakeholder inertia in the Software Product Innovation Process (link to complete specification)
Process modeling (contact Martin Höst)
- Modeling Knowledge in Software Projects (link to specification)
Software development practice (contact Elizabeth Bjarnason)
- Visualization techniques and tools for improved team collaboration (link to complete specification)
- Exploring the role of personality traits and other softer aspects in software development practice